Friday, September 26, 2008

Fine motor skills

The good the bad and the ugly. Ah yes, so cute to watch Mallory play with toys and bat at things on her activity mat. She's gaining more and more control of her hands right before our very eyes. Not so fun when she pulls my hair or grabs a fistful of neck skin however. The worst is when she's nursing. She never stops moving. The hand on the bottom is tickling the back of my arm or my side while the hand on top is up to no good. She continuously tries to stick her left thumb in her mouth while she's eating. For obvious reasons I thwart this effort, so she settles on grabbing handfuls of breast instead - another effort I steadfastly discourage. She is relentless in pursuit however and will voice her opinion of my interference. Luckily when she's on the other side she's much more interested in yanking my shirt than in grabbing flesh. If/when she gives up on either side, she'll splay her hand out flat and rub her palm back and forth across my chest. Sometimes I can get her to just hold my finger or play with my hand instead. Mind you, she'll be wiggling her toes or rubbing her feet together all the while as well. And as for sucking her thumb any other time, you can see she isn't completely coordinated as of yet :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not even know what to say about the second picture. - Misty

Julie said...

HAHAHHAHA that is the most hilarious picture I've ever seen.

DCM Photography said...

That second photo is hilarious!

Poage Perspective said...

I love her big eyes! Cute cute picture!