Friday, September 12, 2008

Doomsday

Just in case you live in a box and haven't heard that hurricane Ike is about to pummel the Texas coast, I thought I'd write this post and let you know that the end is near. Yes, the world is about to end right here in central Texas - 225 miles from the coast. Despite the fact that we had beautiful blue skies and calm winds today, I am reassured by the local news that tonight, while I lay snuggled in my bed, life as I know it will begin its decline. Sadly, the weathermen predict that the storm's fury will wipe out all existence tomorrow. This may very well be my farewell post. Peace out, friends.

Ok, seriously. On the off chance that I wind up eating my words ... yes, it's the biggest storm to ever hit the Texas coast; yes, it's a way bigger storm than Katrina; and yes, it was probably necessary to let the kids out of school early if for no other reason than the city needs room for evacuees ... but c'mon. The grocery store was a nightmare. And no joke, to watch the news you'd think we have to evacuate. So much fear monging - it's ridiculous. The media is out of control.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Looks like I do live in a box. I knew Ike was headed our way, but I didn't know he was bigger than Katrina. Or the biggest to hit the Texas coast. But "they" all have been acting like Chicken Little in my opinion and act like we've never been hit by a storm before. Good grief. It's not the first and certainly won't be the last. Oh! And what's up with gas going up 30 cents a gallon in one day? Seriously stupid.

CCT said...

Stay at home mom's are officially exempt from "live in a box" status because seriously, if my DH didn't come home from work every day and say "did you see/hear that [fill in the blank]" I'd never know what was going on in the world myself ;)

Unknown said...

Peace out, my seester. Did you survive? Over here on the east coast, the world came to end LAST weekend when the storm of the century Hanna caused... rain.

Me and the Universe said...

I must confirm Christina's discription of the grocery store. That's why I bought my t.p., bottled water, and merlot on Thursday after work. :>) I had to beat the crowds I knew were ready to pounce.
My sister-in-law just called to see if I was all right. I haven't been all right in decades, but I just said, "Glub, glub." She screamed saying I shouldn't scare her like that.:>)

CCT said...

yeah, so it was gray and a bit windy today until late this afternoon when we had sun and blue skies again. not a single drop of rain fell on our little corner of the ATX.