Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bubbles

Just so you don't go thinking that it's all bad news with Mallory ... she's most recently started sucking in her entire lower lip and saying "ummmmm-mummmmm" when she's starting to lose her patience, and looks a bit like E.T. while she's doing it ;) I love the fact that she's saying "mum" even if it's accidental. Her normal state of affairs is blowing spit bubbles and/or sticking out her tongue (ala Gene Simmons). She also slurps quite loudly on her whole fist ... or your bare shoulder, arm, etc. When I'm with a girlfriend and we're chatting, Mallory likes to join in. She has the cutest melt-your-heart smile and I just love it when she 'talks' or 'sings' to me - she gets a glorious sparkle in her eye. She's starting to explore different textures more and more with her hands (it looks like she's drumming her fingers) and is just starting to get things into her mouth. Yesterday she totally soaked the ear to her bunny-blanket. She totally digs her activity mat - as long as we're not doing tummy time, something she tolerates but not for very long. Although she's supposed to be building muscles for rolling over and crawling, mostly she just licks the mat ;) At the moment she has a crazy penchant for crying when Kyle holds her, but not when I do. Trust me, neither one of us is finding it very amusing. She's still not real thrilled about riding in the car, but is getting better now that we've installed a mirror. She likes the colorful frame it's in, and I can use the reflection to negotiate her binky back into her mouth without having to pull over and get out of the car. Hurray for the mirror! It's amazing how much personality is packed in such a tiny little creature. I just love my little monkey!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I love our little monkey too! Can you email me that photo in the green chair? I need one for my frame. Either that, or the one on kodakgallery where she's sticking her tongue out...love that one too! when i cut and paste it doesn't have very high resolution...

Kate said...

I want to play with Mallory! Did you post a new photo album? The last one I have is the one with pictures from our visit.

Jessica said...

Aren't playmats the best? HOURS of entertainment! :) It's good to read a post about the good. Keep it up so us out-of-towners can stay up to date.

P.s. I was checking out your Kodakgallery album and I love the Canada onesie. I miss those warm Okinawa days that let me get away with just onesies every day. Really dressing your baby can be a pain. ;)