So much to blog about
... so little of it is public information. Sigh. Basically we're facing some major stressors at the moment: one is Kyle's job, another is the trials and tribulations of trying to open a franchise, and the other most sleep-depriving, blood-pressure-raising, make you want to pull out all your hair issue is the one I really can't blog about. Suffice it to say, that this one is a doozie. I'm afraid that in the end, there's really no solution :(
I'm very sad that Kyle is traveling again. He's up at HQ again right now for no reason other than the fact that his company is the portrait of ridiculousness. Apparently it's his responsibility to train the new customer-support engineer. Mind you Kyle wasn't involved in the process to hire the new guy, the new guy doesn't report to him, and as luck would have it, the new guy only has one year's worth of experience in just one of the technologies he'll be facing at customer sites. Am I the only one that thinks it's futile for someone that green to possibly be successful after just 3 days with an expert?
After just ONE day at home, Kyle will be heading to Asia. Again. Where is the sense in sending 72 people to a country where they need 4 immunizations, a prescription before they leave, and one while they're there just to survive a Sales meeting? The airfare alone is going to cost half a million. Stewards of fiscal responsibility those execs are, always making the best decisions for their own bottom line and screwing the peons with no VP in their title. (They make great product, partner, customer and hiring decisions too, in case you're wondering). Suffice it to say, I'm not a big fan of The Company.
No comments:
Post a Comment