Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Ugh

I'm so freaking busy at work right now, there's almost no time to breathe let alone blog. Our marathon training has come to a grinding halt. While I'd still love to go to Toronto in Oct, it's looking like we'll be running the 1/2 marathon course that day.

And my poor husband is fed-up/frustrated/irritated/disappointed with his company almost all the time now. Management is downright ridiculous, actually. I just wish there was something I could do to help.

And there was a death at The Boy's camp on Sunday. One of the life guards drown(?) during a trojans vs. the spartans day (think relay races and other feats of strength ala "field day" back in elementary school). From the messages we've received from the staff the vast majority of the kids are ok and are coping/have moved on. But geez, pretty scary and very sad!

And a fellow tri-athlete developed pre-eclampsia and delivered waaay early. Thankfully her baby girl is doing well so far. She weighed in at only 1lb 4oz and will be in the NICU until November. I'm anxious to schedule a visit and offer some support in person.

I feel like I/we are under a dark cloud right now. Hopefully things will start looking up soon!

1 comment:

CWH said...

I'll keep your friend's little one in my thoughts. I was a 2 lb baby, myself! Preemie power!

So sad to hear about the camp counselor.. that's so sad :(