Chumming
So, the other day for some completely random reason I got a song in my head. A song that we had sung in music class in elementary school. Because I could not get it out of my head, I looked up the lyrics and sent it to my sister ... to equally distribute the pain. To see a pic of a Kookaburra and presumably to hear the song (I don't have a sound card), click the link. Frankly, I think it's a frighteningly creepy looking bird.
Kookaburra
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me!
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me
Well that song was quickly replaced in my head by King Harvest's Dancing in the Moonlight (gotta love BOB FM). But, to be funny, I set my availability message on gmail chat as "Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree." Beth countered with "die Kookaburra die!" I'd left mine that way for a few days, b/c let's face it, I don't always pay attention and had forgotten about it. But Beth switched hers to "Seriously, Tina" ... and having my name in print caught my eye. So I changed mine to "Sheesh" which prompted Kyle to ask why my availability message was "Sheesh."Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Merry, merry king of the bush is he
Laugh, Kookaburra! Laugh, Kookaburra!
Gay your life must be
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Eating all the gum drops he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
Leave some there for me!
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree
Counting all the monkeys he can see
Stop, Kookaburra! Stop, Kookaburra!
That's not a monkey that's me
Now then, a little history about Kyle. He considers "chumming" a sport. He tosses out a good one -- generally by email -- and sits back to watch the games begin. This is typically something he starts with his buddies at work. In truth it's pretty entertaining if you know all the personalities involved.
Well, upon hearing the Kookaburra saga, Kyle started chumming with my sisters. First he sent Beth a "little lullabye" to replace Kookaburra: the theme song to The Love Boat. Next he sent me a link to children's songs and suggested I send her additional lyrics. I sent 10 Little Indians. Then he got my other 2 sisters involved. No idea what or if they sent Beth anything, but his efforts have thus far been stymied. Thursday is Beth's day off. To the best of my knowledge she never logged into her computer, so thus far there has been no response. Poor Kyle, I don't know if chumming has ever had such a delayed reaction for him :)
No comments:
Post a Comment