Sunday, July 27, 2008

Smiles!

Mallory started smiling at us this morning! She smiled at me yesterday morning (early) after she finished nursing. But that was it. I chalked it up to gas. Today it was definitely deliberate. She was all grins for both me and Kyle. Hurray! It's SO cute. Kyle is calling her Mrs. Guy Smiley ;) She's also finding her thumb more and more efficiently - she has quite a need to suck. Neither one of us were keen on the idea of using pacifiers, but she really didn't give us much choice. Her eyes instantaneously start drooping if she's fighting sleep and we "bink" her. She's young enough now that it's not habit forming. I guess we'll see what happens in a few weeks when her sleep habits do start taking shape. Not that it matters all that much. She's braces bound anyway. Between me and Kyle there's no way her DNA escaped that fate.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

So what's up, why no photo of MALLORY smiling? Enough with the clip art! ;) Don't worry about pacifiers being habit forming. Both my kids were total addicts and they both gave them up at around four months. After that it was all thumb sucking.

CCT said...

Trust me, as soon as I get it coordinated, there will be a photo of her big toothless grin on this blog!

LTYM said...

Hey! How did I not know you had the baby already? Congratulations! What an amazing name. Oh, you're going to have a fun year.
Best,
Wendi Aarons