Detective work
Well, the doctor doesn't think Mallory's issue is heartburn, since it isn't a problem all day everyday. Instead, she thinks she might just be hungry. Apparently our little girl isn't gaining weight the way she ought to. In 6 days she should have gained 6oz, but has only gained 3. Thus, we're doing a little 24 hour test to see if I'm not producing enough milk or if she's just not eating efficiently. The lactation consultant verified that her latch is still good and that Mallory does what she's supposed to with her tongue. So I guess we'll just see. I know I *was* producing plenty of milk a few days ago, since I kept leaking all over the place, but now I'm not so sure. I seem smaller and less firm. I'm sure being stressed about this isn't going to help things either. Sigh. We thought everything was going great.
Update: I just pumped a little over 3oz - so far so good! But I'm still off to brew some milkmaid tea. Couldn't hurt, right?
1 comment:
That's funny, I've never heard of the milkmaid tea. :) Don't worry about feeling less firm--you don't go your entire nursing time swelled up--you reach a nice equilibrium. Well, until someone goes on a hunger strike or something. It's a good sign that you pumped 3 oz!
Also, remember that all that crying might just be colic (I know, it's an evil word). Remember my stress about Hunter possibly being allergic to milk? I was running myself crazy trying to find out why he was crying so much. :( Turns out it was just his nature and I couldn't do anything to change it.
Best of luck with your detective work. I'll be looking for updates.
Post a Comment