Patio

Just so you don't go thinking this blog is all baby all the time now, I'm here to announce that we had our patio extended this week! The builder's version of a patio was the sad narrow strip of covered concrete that the original owners saw fit to extend - somewhat - by adding an additional square off the master bedroom. The result was an odd L shaped patio that was difficult to navigate once a grill and some furniture were in place. So, we finally filled in the L to make a complete rectangle and extended the whole thing to the edge of the house, more than doubling our usable space. The pic is compliments of the woman we hired to do the work. (Yes, I said woman!) She sent it to Kyle as an "update" on the job after they'd poured the concrete.
On Friday Kyle picked up an umbrella at World Market, and yesterday we all went to Home Depot and bought a dining table and chairs that seats eight - everything was on super sale. Did you know Home Depot offers deliveries? We didn't, but are thrilled! Our new furniture will be delivered on Monday. Not in time to christen the patio extension (we did that last night with Scott, Rebecca, Athena, and Dre - the "raccoon in an empty camp site" ), but we'll be all set in more than enough time for our first "meet the baby" guests. Can't wait to break it in!
Also can't wait for our company! After four lovely weeks alone to bond with our baby, I'm actually ready to share Mallory with the family members who are chomping at the bit to visit :) Our first guests arrive next weekend - and I'm really looking forward to it!
3 comments:
Nice looking patio! Expanding is a great idea. I can't get over how much I love our deck (which is probably smaller than your patio). But it's so nice to have a good space off the back of the house. The kids treat it as just another room.
patio envy has ensued. we still have a sad little rectangular square.
Love the patio. I may have to get the name of your cement woman - we are thinking of extending ours.
Post a Comment