Mid-week Musings
Cravings
Oddly enough, while I was pregnant I didn't really crave anything in particular. I could have eaten sushi every day, but I wouldn't say I was craving it. I also went through a Thundercloud nada chicken sandwich phase but then I'm "on" or "off" foods all the time, pregnant or not. If I had to say I craved anything, it would be steak. I was hungry for beef more while I was pregnant than I've ever been in my life - particularly because ordinarily I could give or take meat (of any kind). On the flip side, there were definitely things I did not want - like chicken, and steamed vegetables (particularly broccoli and squashes). But now, postpartum, I definitely have cravings! Apple juice, coke, and ice cream of all things. Though I've been told milk and ice cream can contribute to baby's gas, so I've been laying off the ice cream (I'm not a milk drinker to begin with). Oh, and there's this fantastic multi-grain bread we found at Costco, that I can't get enough of. It's delicious with the honey butter we have from County Line leftovers.
Nicknames
Ah, those cute little terms of endearment. Mallory already has a plethora of nicknames. Princess Poopy Pants - self explanatory. Monkey - a given, seeing as how she has monkey toes like her brother and she's quite adept at "crawling" (rooting) across one's chest in search of the good stuff. It's really quite an amazing mode of transportation: a combination of head flopping and booty scooting. Bug - she has a way of lifting her head and sticking out her chin (especially with her eyes closed) that make her look like a bug in a cute animated-character kind of way. Punkinhead - Kyle's own special version of "pumpkin" ;) Tiger or tigershark - due to the aggressive way she latches on, the face she makes while she "attacks," the sounds she makes while she's rooting (arh, arh, arh), and the way her eyes roll back in her head once she's attached. Now, if she'd only feed that aggressively...
2 comments:
Hahahah aren't you glad I took ALL the honey butter from the table????
tiger shark eh? i like liger shark. it's my favorite animal. gosh.
Post a Comment