V-day
Generally speaking, Valentine's day is not a "holiday" (and I use that term loosely) that I get into. The day is a good excuse to buy that small item you had your eye on (like the the t-shirt I got for Kyle), if you were waiting for an occasion to get it. But otherwise, the day is totally commercial and I don't really support the notion of spending a lot of money on "romantic stuff" simply b/c Hallmark or the Jewelry stores told us we should. However, everything about the day has changed for me now. Today is our first in-home assessment for a potential client. Feb 14th will forever mark an important milestone for our franchise. And should this potential client become an actual client -- our first client -- well, it goes without saying that the day should clearly be celebrated annually :)
I must admit though, yesterday when we were talking about the assessment and I mentioned how ironic it was for it to occur on Valentine's day (Synergy's logo is a double heart), and Kyle really and truly said, "tomorrow is valentines day?!" it did leave me with a sort of sinking feeling that no forethought, however small, had occurred in his camp. So, I was super surprised this morning when I woke up and found a dozen red roses and the ol' traditional heart-shaped box of chocolates on the island in the kitchen. Such a sweet guy! Tiny and I can't wait to bust open the chocolates. I mean, let's face it, chocolate in any-shaped box on any day is a good thing ;)
2 comments:
Love the shirt you got for Kyle. Erik would totally dig it! I got him a cordless power screwdriver. ;)
SO? How did it go??????
Post a Comment