Ridiculously Behind (part 2)
Moving Day
Oh glorious day! Saturday was moving day! Kyle picked up the truck Friday evening and by the time I got home from work had already packed all of mom's things in it with a little help from The Boy (before he left for his mother's). The rest of us got up early Saturday morning and drove over to the condo to unload the truck in the thick humidity and heat. Bleah.
Saturday was also Banner Brunch - AWC's annual awards event. I had to leave the unpack-the-truck party a tad early (poor Kyle, just when he'd gotten to the really heavy, dolly-only stuff that I'm sure he could have used some help guiding). For only the 2nd time in my tenure in AWC I was a mere attendee, with blissfully no responsibilities. So nice to catch up with the girls and not have to worry about a thing. I also got there quite late, thanks to a March of Dimes walk that made it nearly impossible to get to the venue, and thus missed the silent auction. Not a bad thing at all. With my week's vacation in lake Tahoe "win" last year, I think I've made a lifetime's contribution to the cause ;)
We were pretty wiped out from moving my mom (and fighting traffic to attend Banner Brunch), so for the rest of the afternoon Kyle and I literally laid around the house, rousing ourselves only to go to Costco for potato salad (which we didn't find, but made up for in about 50 other purchases) then HEB (good old stand by) on our way over to Scott & Rebecca's for a very low key cookout. Patty entertained us with tales of her escapades in Italy.
Mother's Day
Between unpacking the truck and getting cleaned up for Banner Brunch on Saturday morning, a box of truffles and a dozen roses were delivered to our doorstep from Mallory, Drew and Kyle -- who claims Mallory communicated with him from the inside. She apparently later told him, "I held up my end of the bargain now you get some of that chocolate in here!" :)
On Sunday itself, Mom woke up one last time at our house, received the digital camera my sisters didn't think she'd want (hahahahaha, I told you so), then borrowed my SUV to take her remaining clothes/toiletries to the condo while Kyle and I spent all day running errands and doing some work at the Synergy office. We wrapped up the evening by helping mom tie up some lose ends (like re-connecting her washer/dryer and dishwasher that the stupid contractors disconnected then conveniently slid back into place unattached) and vegging out in front of The Last King of Scotland, which we discovered has nothing to do with kings or Scotland, but was fantastic nonetheless. [Kyle has recently been blindly adding movies to our blockbuster queue based solely on star-ratings].
Fun with numbers
Kyle and I have now been married for 332 days. His mother lived with us for the first 70 days (though technically he and I were alone in Greece for days 1 through 10). My mother arrived 17 days after the MIL left and stayed for 242 total. During that time, Kyle and I spent 7 nights in Hawaii. As of this moment, I am 244 days pregnant. What does it all mean? It means we have only been alone in our own home for 20 whole days thus far in our first year of marriage. (And not completely alone, mind you, as The Boy is with us 50% of the time).
Austin Mamas
George's Mommy recently turned me on to a yahoo group called Austin Mama's, which I joined along with a subgroup called 2008 Mamas. While it's somewhat annoying that certain members appear to have nothing better to do than post messages back and forth to each other (literally 100s of posts are recorded daily), I have gleaned some nuggets of information that have already been or will be useful. AND, I've gotten some hand-me-down maternity clothes from one Mama and some baby girl clothes from another. So I'm digging this little online community -- well, not that little, I guess. I think there are around 1450 members already and growing! But it's nice to think that a person could move to Austin, not know a single soul and have a "red tent" from the yahoo group provide she and her family with meals after their baby is born.
CPAP
Kyle picked up his CPAP yesterday and used it for the first time last night. You'd think we'd be in heaven. I for one slept horribly. Again. But the bright side is that I didn't have to wear ear plugs (or endure snoring despite them). I don't think Kyle slept particularly well either - but I imagine wearing a contraption on your face will take some time to get used to. This morning he felt like he'd bruised his whole face. Um, maybe the mask was on too tight? Just a guess ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment