Friday, May 16, 2008

Crib Update

So, back in March when we ordered our nursery furniture a full 13 weeks before my due date, the lovely sales people said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. I thought -- whew! we got that order in just under the wire. Well then 6 weeks after our purchase, I called to get an update on the delivery and was told that the dresser was fine, but the crib was on back order until the end of June. What, what what?! Not that Mallory will be sleeping in her crib right away anyway, but still, quite disappointing. [And I'm thinking the last thing sleep deprived parents need to be doing is assembling a crib.] Anyway, the store called last week to let us know the dresser had arrived. Hurray! Someplace to stash the mound of baby clothes I've acquired. We are picking it up tomorrow. I called the store this morning to "schedule" the pick up time and while I had the lady on the phone I asked if she could get another update on our crib. She called back with good news! The crib is already on a truck en route to Texas and should arrive sometime next week! While not everyone who ordered this crib is getting theirs, I am somehow at the top of the list and couldn't be happier. Perhaps my email to the manufacturer's customer service department had something to do with our delivery? ;)

In yet another coup, I also asked the lady about pricing on the crib set we like. I had already shopped around online and found the "best" deal, but was wondering how much I was really about to save. It turns out that the base price in the store was actually cheaper than anywhere I'd seen it online, but the sales tax totally negated any deal. I politely told her it'd be cheaper if I ordered online. She asked what the difference was and I generously rounded up. She said she could match the savings (pre-tax)! So while the overall beat-the-online-savings only came out to $13, I'm still feeling like queen of the wheeler and dealers.

The lady also alerted me to a rewards program called e-mom rewards that periodically sends out coupons for their store. For signing up I got a coupon for a free pair of Robeez. And even better, they make a "fierce" maple leaf version for our little 1/2 canuck ;)

No comments: