Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Holiday Weekend

No rest and relaxation or BBQs for us, no siree, Kyle and I took advantage of the three day weekend to run errands and get stuff done. I washed 3 loads of nothing but baby clothes, blankets, bibs, burp cloths, etc., and got it all put away -- which was no small feat, let me tell you. I also rearranged the kitchen cabinets to make room for bottles (and some day sippy cups and plastic plates & bowls). We picked up the dresser for Mallory's room but had to schedule delivery for the crib as it would not fit in my SUV. It arrives on Thursday. We also went shopping for and bought a rocking chair on sale that will hopefully come in sometime this week as well. The touch-up paint is now also done, the curtains are hung, and the wall decals arrived in the mail -- her room is almost ready! I also shopped for some PJs that button up the front (for the hospital), a nursing tank top, and some button front shirts/tanks that should also be good for nursing. I'm now ready to start packing a bag :)

Kyle was quite the worker bee. In addition to all the baby stuff, he hung our new TV in the bedroom (it's way too freaking big in my opinion, but whatever), and rearranged the furniture to make room for the bassinet (i.e. pack-n-play). We bought a slip cover for the old white couch and put it on as well. Kyle fixed a toilet that wouldn't quit running, attempted to reprogram our sprinkler system that cycles 3 or more times for some unknown reason, and got the upstairs AC running again (shout out to Chuck's AC repair). We also went to IKEA to look for bedside table lights, but didn't see anything we liked ... we're expecting the furniture we ordered for our bedroom (back in April) to be delivered any day now, so our room will finally be in good shape too ;)

The Boy also had 2 baseball games. They lost both of them, and are now out of the end-of-season tournament. Thank goodness their season is officially over! Baseball is a tough sport on parents ... very demanding schedule, very slow games to watch. We also went shopping for a camp footlocker but didn't find anything and wound up ordering one online. Can you believe summer is right around the corner? Drew "graduates" a week from today and heads to camp a week from Sunday!

Oh yeah, and Kyle registered and started training for the Toronto marathon. He actually got up yesterday morning before work to run! He's on a mission to lose weight and get back in shape. Registering for the marathon is his motivation. I can totally relate. I typically need a race or a goal to work towards too. Wish I could be training with him :(

Which leads me to my last comment. I'm officially done. At 36 weeks this pregnancy thing is getting old. It's hot out, my hands and feet are perpetually swollen ... it's hard to breathe ... I get worn out/winded doing the most menial tasks ... "graceful" has vacated my repertoire ... I feel like I have to use the restroom every time I stand up ... I've lost my appetite again ... I mean, seriously. I've had a ridiculously easy pregnancy. I can't even imagine what I'd feel like now if things had been rough up to this point!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I hope you are going to post photos of the nursery. I can't wait to see it (esp. which wall decals you went with).

Jay said...

i need to run with kyle. i have gained 25 lbs back since the marathon. one more week and school is out though. . . then it's on. bike, run, bike.