Friday, May 30, 2008

Lightening

Apparently the incessant must-use-the-restroom sensation I've been experiencing lately (even immediately after doing so) is the "pressure" indicating that Mallory has "dropped". Though I'm disappointed to report that I have not experienced the accompanying relief in breathing that was supposed to go hand in hand with said "engagement". I've been carrying ultra low all along, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised (she very rarely kicks anywhere above my belly button). Still, I guess I'm a little dense. I didn't really put two and two together until I'd asked my doctor about the ridge I can feel at the bottom of my belly. That'd be the difference between her shoulder and neck since her head is already down in your pelvis :)

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Never above the belly button!!! Count your lucky stars. Audrey loved to kick or punch, or whatever in my ribs constantly. It was miserable. You're one step closer--very exciting. :)

Dawn said...

I know you're uncomfortable, and miserable, and everything else that goes with being late in your pregnancy, but hang in there, and try to enjoy it while you can. I know that sounds crazy, but soon after giving birth, I missed being pregnant, so cherish it. Or maybe I really am just crazy.