Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm melting

I know, I know, I'm way behind on blogging and my faithful readers deserve better than this. But griping is the best I can do at the moment. I'm hot, I've swollen up like a giant pumpkin balloon in the Macy's Day parade, and I'm seriously dreaming of laying in a shopping cart in the frozen food section of the grocery store for the rest of the afternoon.

My whole life long I've been cold blooded. Now, all of a sudden, half way through my third trimester I'm hot. Almost all the time. Combined with the fact that my tiny interior office is "climate controlled" (i.e. when it's cold outside it's cold in my office - when it's hot outside it's hot in my office), I'm downright miserable. I feel like I can't breathe ... heart is racing ... head is pounding. It's like having stayed in a sauna for too long.

The digital thermometer/clock gadget on my desk says it's only 76 in here (it's 93 outside). What on earth could I have to complain about?

No comments: