Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More? Yay?

For the past 3 or 4 weeks, Mallory has been putting her hands together. Is she signing 'more'? Is she clapping, 'yay'? No clue. She does it out of context for both meanings. For all I know it's just part of the banging together of two objects that she's currently fond of. Though to be honest, it seems like she does it when she's hungry and/or tired. So maybe she's signing 'more' as in, "hey lady, I need more food/milk over here"?

As much as I'd like her to get it and start signing to us, she's extremely communicative verbally even if she can't say real words. I love her babble. And her crescendos - from soft to loud; from low to high pitch. It makes me laugh. To get someone's attention she does this short, loud 'ah', like she's yelling "hey!" and typically bangs her hands too. She definitely has a whine, distinct from fussing or crying that drives me absolutely insane. Sigh, foreshadowing of things to come, I'm sure. She also squeals with delight, surprise and distaste. In a fish-like manner, she opens and closes her mouth to make a popping sound, and although she drums her fingers across her lips, she has yet to do it and make sound at the same time. I can't wait for that! She also blows her lips out to make a 'puh' sound, and sucks air in and out to make her blocks whistle - which I find hilarious ;)

No comments: