Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Whirlwind visit

I'm sad. Julie and Kate arrived late on Saturday and left early today :( They only really got to spend 3 days with us and it rained the whole time they were here. We did manage to have fun though! Mostly we hung out with Mallory, but we rented Caddy Shack and the girls took off with my mom to see her condo too. Kate also went on a mad cooking binge and made a lasagna, 2 "pantry" casseroles (i.e. rummage through the pantry and combine random stuff), and a chocolate peanut butter cup pie - all while Julie complained at her about how she was making them and what she was putting in them :) Mind you, they were all quite delicious. Julie's just a finicky eater. Drew went to the store with the girls for the pie ingredients and swears up and down that he could recreate the pie ... I'm a little wary of his skills in the kitchen, but he did recall with startling accuracy they way Kate had made it. He also likened shopping with them to an episode of the Hills, "like OMG." Apparently he, like the rest of us, finds their 'loving' bickering to be quite amusing.

Probably the best quote of the visit:

Kate: why don't babies get bad breath?
Me: I dunno, maybe because they don't have teeth?
Kate: man, I can't wait to get dentures!
Now that the girls are gone, there are no more scheduled visitors. Mallory's Nana is coming some time this autumn, but she hasn't booked her trip yet that I'm aware of. So I guess I'm also a little sad that we'll be on our own again until the holidays. I miss my seesters :(

Oh yeah, this time Julie decided that she "might as well" move to Austin too ;) She couldn't find any 'cool' jobs when she looked online. However, she did see some condo's that caught her eye. Guess time will tell if a move here is really in her future or not...

2 Month Well Check
After we dropped the girls off at the airport, The Boy, Mallory and I headed for the doctor's (yes, again). Of course we had to make a pit stop on the way, because Mallory was hungry and all this running around so early in the morning was not sitting well with her. So I pulled over and fed her in the Mariott's parking lot while Drew napped. Because a trip to the doctor's wouldn't be complete without a blowout, Mallory took a massive poop while I was feeding her and made a mess of herself and my jeans (note to self: perhaps it would be wise to pack a change of clothes for the baby and me in the diaper bag from now on). I got her cleaned up and into new clothes, did the best I could with diaper wipes on myself, and hit the road once again. At her appointment, Mallory weighed 10lbs 12 oz. Hurray! That was exactly an ounce a day weight gain from her reflux appointment on Friday. Her height and weight have dropped from the 95th percentile to the 50th, but she's healthy and relatively happy. She hit all of the 8 week developmental milestones too (makes eye contact, smiles, coos, and has 'found' her hands), so other than the reflux things are pretty perfect. Mallory also got her first round of vaccinations - 5 injections and 1 oral. Poor baby!

1 comment:

Poage Perspective said...

2 months already? Wow time flies. Let me know if you would like company!
Mel