Mixed bag
Juno
Blockbuster delivered Juno this week, and I've watched it twice already this weekend: once with Kyle on Friday night and once on Saturday night while he was at the sleep center for his overnight study. The movie is quirky, covers some really deep issues when you get right down to it, and has laugh-out-loud funny dialog. I really enjoyed it. I mean, how can you go wrong with Allison Janney (one of my absolute favs from the West Wing)?
Sleep Study
Apparently the sleep study went well. After about 30mins of sleep they woke him up and hooked him up to a cpap machine. He said it was weird but it appears as though he actually got a good night's sleep for once. The techs told him he stopped breathing 3x while wearing cpap -- but that its normal until the body adapts to the machine/they dial-in the settings. The doc should have his video/stats reviewed over the next 5 or 6 days. Then hopefully we'll get a cpap at home and I can lose the earplugs!
Planting
In other stop-the-presses exciting news, we planted some flowers yesterday in the mulch bed newly created for the trees that were delivered/planted last Thursday. While its sad that 2 giant trees are now both missing from our front yard, they were dead after all. Surprisingly the weenie little seedlings we have now actually look SO much better. In retrospect it's amazing how Addams Family-ish the "only mostly dead" (ala the Princess Bride) tree was making our house look ;)
Moving
As any good HDTV/TLC addict knows, it usually takes 2x as long to complete a job as a contractor tells you it will, and it's always more expensive -- this axiom was certainly true for Mom. Apparently the plan was to lay her new hardwoods/tile over the existing floor. But b/c the existing floor was so badly installed to begin with (pretty sure the last tenant did it herself) they decided to tear everything up first and wound breaking a blade on their jackhammer in the process. Thus they were not finished on Friday like they said they'd be, or even yesterday for that matter. So, the official move has been delayed. With the baby shower next weekend, and my sister's arrival for it, there will be no time for moving next weekend either. Which is probably a good thing. It'll be a lot easier for Mom to paint before the move, should she choose to motivate in that direction...
2 comments:
I've had my CPAP for about seven months now, it takes getting used to, but it does help. Is he an open mouth breather? I am, and that makes getting used to the CPAP more difficult, so make sure he gets the proper style mask (their are a lot of choices).
funny that your comment is from Dawn, I was thinking about her because I remember reading about HER visit to the sleep clinic. ;)
BTW, what in the world is up with your business? Knowing you, no news is usually good news, so I'm assuming things are going well. But I'm sure the world (yeah, I) would like an update.
Post a Comment