Turkey Day and More
We braved the wholly north for Thanksgiving this year. Went to visit Kyle's brother and his family in Chicago. It was utter chaos most of the time we were there with 5 kids and 4 adults running around -- but very fun and entertaining. It was so great relaxing in the new house (more like a vacation resort than just a house!), and getting to spend time with everyone. On Thanksgiving day, in the "family vs. the world" turkey bowl, i.e. us vs. the rest of the neighborhood in one-hand touch football, the family was victorious even after allowing the other team to score several times (much to the little one's dismay). We had delicious food, wonderful hosts, and an all-around fantastic trip.
In other news, we are "this" close to getting our license (potentially as early as this afternoon) from the Texas Department of Aging and Disabilities (DADS) -- the final hoop to jump through in order to open our franchise. Next week, Mom and Kyle are going to a training program to hone-up on the franchise systems and policies. When they return, we should be able to start hiring! Hurray!
I think I've completed all the Christmas shopping that needed to be done for our family. Kyle and I are still planning to get The Boy some clothes, and order a "fathead" for his room -- and I know Kyle hasn't shopped for me yet (I haven't been very helpful -- I don't want/need anything), but other than that we're done! Not bad considering it's not even December yet. We hung the outside lights, wreaths, and garland before we left for Chicago (but didn't turn anything on until we got back). We also put up 2 trees. We decorated the "kid" tree (it's fiber optic) in the game room, but have yet to decorate the "fancy" tree downstairs. Hopefully we'll knock that out this weekend. Last weekend, we got garland up on the mantle, and bought PEACE stocking holders; delicious pine, cinnamon, and bayberry votives; and some peppermint bark to enjoy with guests. The mantle still needs something with "height" ... so we might go shopping again this weekend.
We're having friends over for dinner on Saturday, who just relocated here from Scotland. They were excellent hosts when Kyle I and visited (for business) last spring, and we're hoping to show them some return hospitality now that they live in Austin. They're a really fun young couple. I believe they are actually looking at houses on our street today. It'd be so great to have them as neighbors!
1 comment:
So I was going to ask what a fathead was, but I just saw an ad for them. Now I'm wondering who you're getting for the boy? ;)
Post a Comment