Rubber band trick
I was complaining to a friend of mine yesterday that I need more "fat pants," particularly b/c I've had a taste for salty snacks lately (mmm pickles and olives with a nice chunk of aged cheddar) and I tend to retain water after enjoying them. And, I'm sure my lack of attendance at the gym lately contributes absolutely nothing to the dilemma ;) At any rate, this friend is currently 16 weeks pregnant and she jokingly said "just use the rubber band trick like I do." Rubber band trick? Apparently this is a well known fashion "secret." Loop a rubber band through the button hole/bar on one end, and the button/hook on the other. Genius! You get an instant elastic waistband expander. Of course you have to be wearing a shirt that will cover it, and it's best if your zipper "locks" ... but still. I can't believe I never thought of this myself. Think of the impact this could have on society if it were better publicized! Complete comfort could be achieved by women across the nation even on their worst day of PMS.
1 comment:
There is a similar safety-pin trick. But yeah, it stinks getting busted when your shirt doesn't completely cover it (like you think you're safe but then you reach up to grab something). :)
Post a Comment