Congrats Kate!
Ah, if only last night had gone as smoothly as the night before. Beth and I are now checked into the Eden Best Western resort here in good ol' Lanky Lanc - the only hotel with suites in Lancaster that actually have a door to separate the sleeping area from the sitting area - how ridiculous is that?
Mallory originally fell asleep in the pack-n-play but then got up around 11, and wasn't even thinking about going back to sleep in the pack-n-play while I was in bed just a few feet away. So I brought her into bed with me. Mind you, she's never slept in bed with me and wasn't really happy about it as an alternative. Eventually she dozed off. But man, that kid flips over, squirms around, sits up, lays back down, flops and flails like a mad woman. Although she managed to get a decent night's sleep, I only slept for about 3hrs. Then it was off to graduation in a sleep-deprived stupor.
Hurray Kate! Between nursing Mallory in the lobby outside the college radio station and then walking her around the grounds in her stroller until she fell asleep, I missed the majority of the ceremony. But, I was back in the audience when Kate walked, and yelled "go Katsy Bananyo," with the rest of the family which is all that really mattered anyway ;) It had threatened to rain all morning, but luckily the weather held out and stayed relatively cool (unlike Julie's graduation sweat-fest) making the festivities quite nice.
Back at Julie's condo after the ceremony, the Donaldson's arrived en masse. I had been expecting Aunt Merilyn (fresh out of the hospital from her asthma incident) and Uncle Chris, but it was a nice surpirse to see Kelly & Jerry and Eileen and all the kids. We had a really great time! Mallory was absolutely in love with Dillan and literally lept into his arms :) Very cute to watch the kids play.
Funniest moment of the day: Dave asked Dillan how old he was. Dillan held up two fingers on each hand and Dave said, "what? you're 22?" A very amusing argument ensued ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment