Thursday, April 23, 2009

Welcome Roisin Kate!

And big congratulations to Caitriona and Paul. Mallory can't wait for a play date :)

Speaking of play dates, Mallory and I went across the street to 'crash' a neighbor's play group. We met another baby Mallory's age - but totally not her size. Kylie is so petite she doesn't even make it on to the growth charts. Mallory, in the 50th percentile, looks like a giant next to her! I can only imagine what a baby in the 90th would look like next to Kylie. And while the kids played, I learned a bit more about Mallory's personality. Not only is she aggressive (i.e. she's only interested in a toy if someone else is playing with it), but she's also fearless. She crawled right into a play tunnel, sat up in the tent on the other end and started cracking up. No hesitation about going into the tunnel. Peeking back out at us through the cracks was a game to her. She's also quite relentless. About 100 times a day she goes for the cable box/TV cabinet. She'll look at it, look back at us, then make a bee line straight for it. I know she knows what "no" means. She just chooses not to react ;) Such a little toot!

No comments: