Happy Thanksgiving
As Kyle works long hours today in FRANCE and is gone for what seems much longer than just the week that it's already been (he gets back on Saturday), I for one am thankful for friends and family. My mom has come over nearly every night to have dinner with me and visit with Mallory. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'm so glad she now lives in Austin! She may drive me nuts from time to time (okay most of the time), but having someone to share a meal with and hold/play with Mallory while I get a few things done is invaluable. It's also really nice to share a walk or run errands with a friend. And what better way to spend Thanksgiving than with Caitriona! Not only did she keep Mallory occupied while I got my hair cut and highlighted yesterday, she kept us all entertained today ;)
We gave Mallory a taste of sweet potato casserole. Her first bite of real food! She ate it with gusto, lunged at the spoon and grabbed it, presumably in an attempt to get more casserole in her mouth faster. It was quite entertaining. I don't think we're going to have trouble introducing her to 'solids'!
And in case you're wondering how baking my first turkey went. The bird came out ok, but was nothing to write home about. Caitriona and I pulled out the neck but somehow missed the fact that the gibblets were in a seperate bag. So just like my mother did with her first turkey, I cooked mine with the gross stuff still stuffed inside ;)
1 comment:
It was my pleasure.
Entertaining, me? Not quite as entertaining as your face when we had to violate "the bird", I'm sure ;)
Caitriona
x
Post a Comment