Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy? Birthday

For the first time in my life, getting another year older sort of bothered me. It just hit me. I'm, no joke, not exactly young anymore. I'm like middle aged and stuff. So weird. Until today I'd felt as if I'd *just* graduated from college. But, that couldn't be farther from the truth. I think reality may have just caught up with self perception? Not sure how to express it exactly, but I actually feel like a grown up now.

Kyle and I attempted to go out for a birthday dinner. Because of the time change, Mallory stayed up "late". We didn't even leave the house until 8:30. So no, we didn't go to the winery like I'd hoped. We wound up at Waterloo for burgers. For sure we had great/fast service (there was no one there), but we must have also eaten incredibly fast because we were home by 9:15. Sad. But hey, at least we got out of the house :)

No comments: