Like magic
Breastfeeding is like magic. I weighed myself this morning and am only 3lbs heavier than I was when I got pregnant despite eating more cookies (darn that football fundraiser) and chocolate than I did when Mallory was on the inside. Not only that but I've also added soda to my repertoire (I know it's bad, but I'm currently addicted to ginger ale). Of course I'm trying to be healthy, it's just that I'm hungry all the time ... and I have quite the sweet tooth. Sigh.
At any rate, all this weight loss got me thinking. I know that women who adopt can take hormones to start lactating. Wouldn't it be safer than fad diets and weight loss supplements if some of those obese ladies out there just took the hormone? They could pump, fill up the milk banks, and lose crazy weight. Seems win-win to me ... just sayin' ;)
3 comments:
Christina you crack me up. Great idea, but it might be kind of creepy for singletons. I'd put it up there with walking a cat on a leash.
umm, yeah, I'm gonna have to say that's just gross!
Unfortunately breastfeeding is not the weight loss miracle for everyone who does it. I am unable to loose even one pound when I'm breastfeeding. I brought this up to my doctor, and he confirmed that some women loose, and others hang on to the weight until they stop.
Post a Comment