Blog Sillyness
Tag
First of all, my friend Jessica "tagged" my blog. It's the bloggers version of chain letters, whereby I am supposed to list 8 random facts/habits about myself and in turn tag 8 other bloggers. I may someday get around to writing up the 8 odd things about myself, but the real problem is that I only know 2 bloggers other than the ones Jessica has already tagged. So apparently the propagation of this particular chain is about to seriously dwindle.
Ratings
Secondly, I guess the by-invitation-only-ness of my blog is working. Mingle2 was unable to fetch and thereby rate my blog. Since I have only invited adults to read it, we'll just assume it's "for mature audiences only" and go ahead and give it an "R" rating. Anyone under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian. Why yes, I do crack myself up.
On the home front
After moping around the house for a week, and reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter" from start to finish (depressing, I wouldn't recommend it), Kyle returned home from Taiwan on Friday. We mostly lazed around, but in an effort to fight his jet lag, we also did laundry, cleaned up the yard, shopped for Drew's camp necessities, trained for our marathon, and saw License to Wed (again, no recommendation here - we used free passes and it was basically our only choice). All in all it was a relaxing but short weekend. Last night, The Boy returned from his week+ at the beach. There is much shopping left to do before the weekend. Then he's off to Camp Champions for three WEEKS. It should be so great for him - he's really excited about going.
The 4 R's
Drew went to a camp "expo" at Palmer auditorium last spring and picked up pamphlets from a number of different camps. By the time he talked to us about it, he was dead set on Camp Champions AND was determined to go for all 3 weeks, instead of taking the "new camper" 2 week option. He's never been to camp so I've been wondering where all his enthusiasm is coming from. But, whatever. He and I were going over some of the info together when he stumbled upon the "schedule" on Sundays and wanted to know what "vespers" are. His Nanna and I both said "Church." Drew nearly flipped his lid. Apparently he didn't clue in to the fact that his beloved camp is Christian based. It's not like they're going to have bible study or anything hard core, but I mean c'mon ... the camp claims "It is our passion to help every camper grow into the Champion God intends him or her to be" and they stress taking Responsibility, showing Respect for others, Reaching out to others and taking reasonable Risks (all things they hammered into our heads at the open house we all went to). Ok, he's only 10 and his deductive reasoning skills aren't exactly fine-tuned, so I guess he could have missed the whole Christian thing. But, church in and of itself isn't what freaked him out. It's the fact that he's not baptized and he's afraid that he'll be the only kid there that's not. Of all the things to worry about when going off to camp for the first time! He's a funny boy :)
4 comments:
Your blog is probably only a G or PG--they seem to look for language and you seem to have kept pretty clean (so far).
And don't worry about passing along the tag. I could barely dig up 8 people and so far only one has done it anyway. But it was really interesting to read the one my friend did, and kind of fun to do.
Next, too funny about Drew and camp! I hope he has a great time, and that there is no Baptism peer-pressure. ;)
BTW, am I the only one who is reading? I seem to be the only babbler that is commenting...
I comment, too !!
You guys are funny ... only 16 people of the 54 I invited show up as "readers" under the settings tab (though I KNOW CWH is a reader - I think as an author you automatically get access which brings into question the whole private-ness in the first place, but I digress). I'm pretty sure my family looked at the wedding pics and have never come back ;)
Hey there CWH, sorry I hadn't seen one of your comments. :)
BTW, authors do not automatically get access--I have to log in all the time.
And finally, your family doesn't know what they are missing. Don't worry, my brother never reads my blog either.
Post a Comment