Friday, January 1, 2010

New year - new virus

Seems my laptop has gotten a virus of some sort. I suspect it either came from downloading a mickey mouse coloring page, or from Beth and Kate's attempt to print a return label. In any event, my laptop is officially fried and McAfee didn't detect anything. In fact, the Geek Squad didn't detect anything the first time I took it in either. But because the virus appeared as Chase bank fraud we now have the lovely task of closing all of our existing bank accounts and opening new ones - while we have checks in escrow and are about to close on a house, and just as Kyle is about to travel out of the country. I can't even begin to explain to you the stress this is causing. I am literally losing sleep over it. I feel really, really stupid for "verifying my identity". God Bless Casey - the banker at our branch that is being unbelievably helpful and kind.

No comments: