Too many cooks
My boss got back from a trade show last night. Mind you, this is the same show that I just spent the past two weeks working my butt off to prepare for. We launched a new product at the show, so I had to update/redesign all of our literature, posters, press kit, demo labels/signs, website, etc. (Not that my updates to the website have gone live yet ... but that's another story). And, it's not just ONE trade show. Oh no, we're sending our CTO to Singapore for show next week, and the following week we're sending half our guys to Amsterdam and the other half to Tokyo -- so that's 4 shows in 3 weeks. And I'm responsible for the details for all 4 shows. As you can imagine I've been up to my eyeballs in deadlines for submitting forms to get booth space, to be included in event publications and websites, to participate in "tech zones," to get our graphics and demos approved, to register our participants, to secure hotel reservations, etc. Ugh!
But back to my story and the whole point of this post. My boss asked me how things were going this morning. I said, "ok-ish?" He said, "too many cooks in the kitchen." I couldn't have said it better myself. That one little metaphore sums up exactly how I've been feeling ... kind of like Stretch Armstrong (remember him?). Pulled in opposite directions by work, family and franchise, and feeling like I'm not doing justice by any of them :(
No comments:
Post a Comment